Friday, March 4, 2016

DIY Smoothie Bowl!

first attempt at making a smoothie bowl
Hello!

This afternoon I really felt like making a smoothie bowl, and since my mother had accidentally bought kale at the store I decided to go for it.  So I whipped out the food processor and experimented until I came up with what you see above.  It actually turned out really well, and I really enjoyed it.  I tried to compile a recipe so here you go, adjust as needed.

Kale Mango Smoothie Bowl Base
About 1 1/2 cups frozen mangoes
Handful of Kale(everyone has their own preference for the ratio of kale)
1/4 cup water(adjust accordingly)

Extras
Frozen Peaches
Frozen Pineapple

Toppings
Sliced Banana
Granola(I used the Trader Joe's Vanilla Almond Granola)

Directions:
~Place frozen mangoes, peaches, and pineapple(if desired) into a food processor or blender and top with kale.  
~Blend/process until all components have been incorporated.  
~When you reach a mealy stage, you can stir the mixture with a spoon and add a little bit of water to aid the blending process.  If you want more of a sorbet add less water, for more of a smoothie add more water.  I prefer my smoothie bowls to be more of a sorbet texture, so I added about a 1/4 cup of water to help the food processor mix everything.  
~When you have reached your desired consistency place the mixture in a bowl, and top as desired.  I didn't have a lot of things in my pantry so  just topped mine with some sliced bananas and granola, but you can top with whatever you like, I recommend almonds, chia seeds, berries, anything that provides a nice texture.  
~Snap a picture of your creation and enjoy!

Cheers!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment