Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Legally Blonde

Legally Blonde
Omigod you guys!

It's the fifteen year anniversary of the gift to the world that is Legally Blonde.  I was planning on posting about my Gossip Girl obsession, but that can wait until another day, because I need to pay homage to the inspiration of the most amazing creation of them all: Legally Blonde- The Musical.  But that deserves a whole individualized post, so yes, the movie that started it all.

Elle in her Harvard admissions video essay...(she can use legal jargon in everyday life)
This movie is so wonderful.  Elle is such an empowered and motivated person, she is very inspirational to many people, including myself.  I love how Legally Blonde has become iconic, if I ever have kids you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm showing them Legally Blonde.

Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods
Reese Witherspoon who portrayed Elle in the movie payed homage to the film on Instagram, doing the infamous bend and snap(what else?), actually there is something else. She also went through all of her costumes from the movie on her snapchat(snapsbyreese)!  Use the hashtag #LegallyBlonde15 on social media to honor the 15th anniversary of Legally Blonde!


Elle teaching the bend and snap to Paulette and others in the hair salon 
But seriously, I absolutely cannot believe that it has been fifteen years since Legally Blonde first came out.  It has truly inspired a generation, and will hopefully continue to inspire for generations to come.

Thank you Legally Blonde!  Like you have done for many, you have inspired me to be a better person, and to do well on AP tests(more info on that to come).

How has Legally Blonde changed you?

xx,

Emily

Elle in the courtroom
Check out my post on Elle(aka my role model) here!  Full-out, head-on dedicated post to Legally Blonde- The Musical (hopefully) coming soon!  Also btws, Legally Blonde(1 & 2) are on Netflix(just thought that you should know that...) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment