Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Spring Semester Recap

A picture of the campanile that I took after dropping off my last math homework assignment
Hello all!

I am so happy(and proud) to say that I have successfully finished my second semester at UC Berkeley.  I can happily say that I learned a lot this semester, both intellectually and about myself.  So lets get on with the recap, shall we?

Broccoli, Rice Pilaf, and Mushroom(I preferred the Sriracha tofu) from Pat Browns
Study Situation:
Let's just say that at first I was on a roll.  I went to the library between classes and after school until my roommate came back, at which point I would meet her for dinner at Cafe 3.  But then we stopped going to Cafe 3 because her friend moved from Unit 3 to Unit 1(where we all resided).  So for some reason I stopped going to the library after school.  Additionally, I had an increase in meetings and events after classes.  I was really good at going to the library between my classes MWF until after spring break hit/when I decided to skip a class to study more for another class' midterm(in reality I just slept in an extra hour or two).  I picked up my library habits again just in time for dead week(maybe also out of necessity).  However, I had such a good time studying at Pat Browns with my friend one day, that I went back virtually every single day that I could.  Pat Browns has something called the "flipped plate" in which you get to choose two sides and one add-on(protein).  It was great, and I was so mad at myself for never forcing myself to walk all the way over to where Pat Browns is located, because their food is way better than the lunches I was getting at GBC(Golden Bear Cafe).

My favorite photo that I took and edited for the business association that I joined this semester
Clubs:
I joined a business association this semester and served on a committee.  Throughout most of the semester I just saw the club as a huge time commitment(in my defense it was compared to what I was used to), but towards the end I saw how beneficial it was.  I met a lot of new people and I really developed my business and professional skills.  I also was forced to coffee chat people, through which I actually learned a lot!  I applied for a chair position, and unfortunately did not get it, but it's okay, because that would have been a nightmare scheduling issue.

Doesn't Cinnaholic look so good? It is so good, just looking at them makes me want one | Source: Yelp
Food:
I loved Pat Browns, and am so sad that I'm most likely not going to have meal points next semester to spend at Pat Browns.  I really loved their almond butter toast on whole grain bread(breakfast item) and they have steamed broccoli and sweet potato fries!  They also can actually make lattes, for some reason GBC just really sucks at making lattes/coffee in general.  They also have a huge indoor seating area that is perfect and ideal for studying.  During dead week I would rush over to Pat Browns so that I could get breakfast(only served until 10:30am) and stay through lunch and until it closed.  I really just loved their food.  It is all organic, local, and healthy(well healthier than most on campus dining options).  I also really loved Sliver this semester.  I actually have really missed Sliver since moving back to LA for the summer, it's just so good!  I usually get a whole vegan pizza, and just have that for lunch and dinner for a few days.  Their pesto sauce is so good!  I also really enjoyed Cinnaholic (vegan cinnamon rolls).  It is great, you can customize your cinnamon roll with their different icings and toppings, and then it is served to you warm! 10/10 definitely recommend!!!

Tumblr Source: thingspiration
Boba:
Oh Berkeley, one of the only places where there is literally a boba place for every block.  This semester I became really obsessed with UCafe and their ceylon black tea(so good).  I have the business association I was in to thank for this obsession(I was invited to go get boba here after an event by one of my floor mates).  I usually order an iced ceylon black tea, half sweet, 80% ice, with boba.  It takes awhile for them to prepare it because they actually brew the tea, but it is so worth it, and so much more convenient than Asha(cheaper too).  There are always deals for UCafe on Hooked(an app that has deals for food and drinks around campus) and they have a rewards program!  One week I was really bad and had UCafe for like three days in a row, and possibly 5 times that week(oops).  BTW for incoming freshman that have a boba addiction, this place is dangerous because it is literally less than a block away from Unit 1.

Trees near the campanile
Recap: Overall I think that this was a pretty good semester.  I was already settled in, so adjusting wasn't as bad, but it was a little hard to adjust to more reading intensive courses.  I think that if I had to do this semester over again, I would definitely try to keep up with my reading more, because after having to do all of the readings before finals, I realized that the readings were not that bad(content and time wise).  I would definitely go to the library and cafes more, because I am not productive at my desk until way too late at night.  I am hopeful for the upcoming semester, and hope that my apartment situation works out.

xx,

GG


Picture Pic of the Day
The cutest and fluffiest doggos, Tumblr Source: wearblacktobrunch





No comments:

Post a Comment