Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Links I Love

background photo via minimalclassy on tumblr
Hello!

Here are a few links from around the web that I have been loving.  This installment of Links I Love unintentionally features a lot of food.

1. Here's What a Muslim Dietitian Eats During Ramadan

I have always wondered how Muslims were able to fast during the day for an entire month. This article adds in an even more interesting aspect by having a dietitian explain what she eats during a typical day of Ramadan.

2. 10 Women Reveal Their First Salaries Out of College

This is super interesting to me because I'm currently still in college, and uncertain of my exact career path.  But it is also interesting to see how much rent differs in different cities, just coming off of an apartment hunt in Berkeley(which is really expensive for a college town).

3. A Week in New York on a $135,000 Salary

I think I'm kind of obsessed with this series.  I got very excited when I saw that a new "money diaries" was posted on Refinery29.  I did a post on this series here.

4. Bakers Are Cashing in on Instagram's Cake Obsession

Interesting article on the cake bakers of Instagram.  I have witnessed such a surge in cake making/decorating videos on Instagram and I really enjoy watching them.  I think that people just have a fascination with food, and all of the work and effort that goes into making something so aesthetically pleasing.

5. Gwyneth Paltrow: A Day in the Life
Photo via Vogue
I was confused how she was able to remember one of her days in such great detail from way back when, but as I was creating this link I realized that goop's LinkedIn account just promoted a post from 6+ years ago.  Still interesting, but why promote something written so long ago?

6. The $9 Nail Polish Queen Elizabeth Always Wears

I also love a soft pink for everyday wear.  When I went to away to college this year that was the only color that I took(I love Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy in "Up in Charms").  Maybe I'm more like the queen than I ever thought(totally kidding).  I know a lot of people who swear by a subtle but pretty shade.  I think that it's nice to have a go to shade, then you do not need to spend a ton of money on nail polish.  Also a soft pink literally goes with everything, so you never have to worry about your nail polish clashing with your wardrobe.

7. What Food Geniuses Eat for Lunch

I am just infatuated with what other people eat for lunch, and this compilation of lunches from people that work in the food industry is so interesting.  I love the great variety, and it's full of lunch inspiration.  When I was in high school I used to eat pita chips and hummus almost every single day for lunch.  Freshman year I would also have almonds, or one of the Trader Joe's trail mix single serving packs.  Senior year I would usually have a Chinese chicken salad from Trader Joes's(I would eat half of the container for lunch, split over the course of two days.

8. 7 Ways to Support the Women Around You

I am definitely guilty of feeling jealous about other women's successes, even if I don't even personally know them(e.g. some celebrities).  I think that it is important to empower one another, and to not put one woman down in order to get ahead.  Especially in an age where it is clear that we must all stick together, not only women, but all of those that firmly believe in equality.  That being said, this article offers some truly excellent tips.

9. All of the Celebrity Diets We've Tried(and a Few We Haven't)

Can you tell that I'm a little obsessed with what people eat?  I just love food, and I am the type of person who wakes up early just to eat breakfast.  Some celebrities have some crazy diets and nutrition regimes, and it's always interesting when a non-celebrity tries one of them out.

xx,

GG

Picture Pic of the Day
This bed just looks so darn cozy | Tumblr Source: jessica154blog






No comments:

Post a Comment