Thursday, August 11, 2016

Larchmont Bungalow

Our spread at Bungalow.
 Last week my mom and I drove down to Larchmont, or more specifically Windsor Square.  We had wanted to get brunch, so the night before I researched all of the brunches and decided upon Larchmont Bungalow.  Bungalow(as it was referred to by various shopkeepers) is a cute little restaurant on the end of Windsor Square.  There is plenty of seating, whether it be inside, on Larchmont, or in the outdoor covered patio in the back.  

We looked over the menu(or my mom did, since I had already decided the night before) and went up to the counter to order.  My mom ordered the garden omelet with fruit and I ordered the Quinoa Blueberry Pancakes.  We also both ordered Soy Moroccan Iced Coffees(a specialty! essentially a latte with mocha syrup and cinnamon).  We then got our number and were instructed to wait for our drinks on the other side of the case(filled with cakes and pastries!)  After we got our drinks we went to go scope out a place to sit, thankfully we had gone at 10 on a weekday, so finding a place to sit was not that hard, there are just many options.  Our food arrived a little while after and of course I had to take a picture(above).

The Moroccan Iced Coffee was good, but nothing special.  It was basically a toned down mocha with cinnamon.  I really enjoyed my pancakes, even though I only ate one.  They don't really need syrup and are really too sweet with syrup, but just fine on their own.  I enjoyed the candied walnuts in the pancakes, the candied part had sort of melted and combined with the pancake.  My mom tried my pancakes, but claimed that they were "too healthy" for her.  She liked her omelet, and I liked the pot of jam that came with her toast, so much that I brought it home along with my two uneaten pancakes. In fact I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the jam today for lunch.

When we were walking around(and shopping) in Larchmont, many people took notice of my pancakes, even a girl that had someone taking a picture of her with her ice cream in front of Salt & Straw.

Yesterday I finally finished my pancakes, and it was bittersweet(its okay to get attached to a pancake.)  When I get back from college I want to go back and get some more.

Brunching was fun!  Where did you have a good brunch?


xx,

Emily


...


Picture Pic of the Day
Tumblr Source: minimalclassy


No comments:

Post a Comment